7 Best High Fiber Dog Foods – Reviews & Guide 2020
Hi! Dog owners (Dog lovers!)
Are you anxious about your dog health and nutrition? Now looking for a well-formulated food to regulate your dog’s digestion and keep your dog feeling fuller longer? Then, healthy fiber foods can be the Perfect solution for several health issues of your dog including constipation, obesity and high blood sugar.
Sounds good. Right?
But the problem is to find out the delicious meals with fiber. After all, it may be challenging for many dog owners to choose the best-suited one for their dogs.
We’re here to help you effortlessly select the Top rated best high fiber dog food on the market. We’ve spent significant time and energy into searching, testing and reviewing dog foods with fiber. And finally we’ve listed 7 best high-fiber dog foods. Undoubtedly, it’ll help you avoid bad brands and buy what’s Rated for your dog (and for you!)
So, keep reading our review to find out the right one.
- A Comparison of our Favorite Picks: Best High Fiber Dog Foods
- Choose The Right Type Of Fiber
- Best High Fiber Dog Foods - Unbiased Review
- Best High Fiber Dog Food anal Gland Problems
- Editor’s Choice
A Comparison of our Favorite Picks: Best High Fiber Dog Foods
Factor to consider when buy the High Fiber Dog Food
How to choose the best fiber foods? Not all dog foods are the same, so you have to know how to tell the difference. Certain dog foods may not suit your dog as well as other foods. After all, buying a high quality dog food depends on many factors. Finding the safest and most appropriate dog food for your dog is a top priority. Check out our guidelines to make it simpler to narrow down the list.
Let's get started!
Dog’s Life Stage
Puppy, adult or senior dog?
While choosing a formula, you should first consider your dog’s life stage. You should also understand your dog’s nutritional needs before selecting a product. For ensuring a healthy life, providing the right amount of fiber in the diet is important. Adult and senior pets need less fiber, protein, and calories than puppies.
Breed and Weight
Take into consideration your dog’s breed and weight to determine what type and how much fiber he/ she needs in his/ her diet. Bigger breeds require more fiber than small ones. Most of the high-fiber dog foods come with reduced calories and weight management formulas.
Read The Label
You want to spend your money wisely on a formula that will provide the right nutrients your dog needs. So review the ingredients list of the dog food you’re going to buy. Take time to read the food label and make a smart and good comparison.
Avoid Artificial ingredients
Filler and additives?
Make sure that your selected product contains no fillers including artificial color, flavor, and preservatives. Although these artificial ingredients aren’t harmful, they may cause allergies.
Choose The Right Type Of Fiber
Soluble or insoluble fiber for dogs?
High-fiber dog food may contain either of two different types of fiber. Soluble fiber helps to increase the moisture content of a dog’s stool and thus improve his regularity. Insoluble fiber helps food move more quickly through the digestive system and protects the dog from getting sick with diarrhea. Although insoluble fiber doesn’t create intestinal gas, too much intake decreases its nutrient value. So be careful to choose the foods with the right kind of fiber.
Your Dog’s Sensitiveness For Food Allergy
Food sensitivity or allergy?
If your dog has allergy or food sensitivity, you’ve to select the product carefully. Observe your dog closely whether it’s is suffering from the skin infection, itching, ear infection, or poor coat. Go for the brand which is recommended for food sensitive dogs. If your dog is allergic to poultry, you may opt for fish or beef.
Choose The Easily Digestible Dog Food
Hard time passing stool?
Your dog may have a hard time digesting food and passing stool. If so, giving a high-fiber diet is very helpful to regulate its pooping habit.
Choose Vitamins-, Minerals- And Antioxidant-Rich Food
Needs health-enhancing nutrients?
Omega fatty acids promote heart and brain function, healthy skin and shiny coat. Antioxidants boost the immune system. Minerals and vitamins provide many health benefits. So, choose the brand that offers the right amount of these health-enhancing nutrients.
AAFCO Approved Label
The last piece of advice we will give you is this, go for the dog food that has AAFCO approved label. It’ll ensure you that the product features all the essential nutrients for your pet’s growth and well-being.
Best High Fiber Dog Foods - Unbiased Review
1. Wellness Core® Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
You know how important it is to regulate the fat content of your dog’s diet. Weight management often becomes a problem for dog owners. The good news is that you’ll never have to worry about weight maintenance with the balanced ingredients of Wellness Core® Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food.
Wellness Core® brings this high fiber grain free dog food specifically for your less active or overweight dog.
This dog food is Reputed for its protein and flavor. Your dog will enjoy this meal that’s both healthy and tasty. With the careful balance of natural, quality ingredients Wellness Core is perfect for everyday feeding.
This dry food is rich in the proper amount of minerals, vitamins, probiotics, and antioxidants that your dog needs to thrive. This meal will provide your pet only the wholesome goodness it deserves.
- Formulated for adult dogs who need to lose weight
- Contain 80% meat fiber counts than any traditional dog foods
- 100% grain & wheat gluten free, low fat recipe
- High-quality, protein-rich & 100% balanced diet
- Perfect for everyday feeding
- Great for dogs with uncontrollable anal gland issues and allergies
- Filler and additive free
- Reasonable price for this type of blend
- Not formulated for puppies.
2. Blue Wilderness Grain Free High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food
When it comes to buying premium-quality, good fiber foods for your dog that contain more delicious meat than other things, Blue Wilderness is second to none. You may wonder how safe or necessary this food is for your dog’s diet. This dog food comes with exclusive and nutritious Blue’s Life-source Bits. It features the right kind of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to help your dog achieve and maintain its ideal weight.
Who doesn’t love to eat chicken? The meat in this dog recipe includes deboned chicken. Because of this, your dog will surely like this meal. Aside from the fact that the deboned chicken acts as a high-quality protein source for your dog, it also provides energy and ensures total body development. The precise blend of essential vitamins, Phosphorus and Calcium, is great for strengthening your dog’s teeth and bones. The best part of this formula is that it features important antioxidants and chelated minerals to help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Contains only the finest natural ingredients
- Wholesome and delicious recipes
- Features real meat as the 1st ingredient
- Supplemented with the antioxidant-rich, unique Life-Source Bits
- High in protein, but no extra calories
- No preservatives, artificial flavors and chicken by-product meal.No grain or gluten
- Some consumers report this food caused their dog to suffer from diarrhea.
3. Taste of the Wild High Protein Grain-Free Natural Dry Dog Food
Are you looking for a good grain-free, ancestral diet at a fairly reasonable price? Then, Taste Of The Wild High Protein Natural Dry Dog Food is the product that you’re looking for.
It’s a high-quality recipe that offers superior nutritional value with high levels of protein from roasted bison & venison meat. It provides a taste sensation like no other. This natural formula is good for your dog’s digestive tract. It also contains prebiotic fiber that helps in digestion.
This product doesn’t contain any low-quality or questionable ingredients. This formula will not only satisfy your dog’s craving for natural flavors but also meet its nutritional requirements. Its fruits and vegetables are sources of natural antioxidants that support a healthy immune system and a healthy lifestyle for your dog.
Overall, it’s an excellent, nutrient-packed recipe that any dog would be lucky to receive. You should thank Taste of the Wild for taking such good care of your beloved pet.
- Made with carefully chosen, high-quality, natural ingredients
- Formulated to deliver highly digestible energy and superior taste
- No grains, gluten or artificial additives like colors and flavors.
- Naturally preserved
- Meets the AAFCO dog food nutrient profiles
- Extremely affordable and cheaper than any comparable high quality/healthy alternatives
- Not recommended for dogs that have liver or kidney problems.
4. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food– Fish & Sweet Potato Formula
Are you worrying about the food sensitivities of your dog? Looking for a unique alternative to minimize the number of ingredients your dog is exposed to? Relax! Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Limited Ingredient Diets is a good choice for a dog with a sensitive stomach. It’s a complete, nutritious and balanced formula for adult dogs. You don’t need to add additional minerals, vitamins or other supplements. You’ll feel confident that your beloved dog is receiving the finest ingredients.
The primary ingredient of this formula is sweet potato which is a common gluten-free source of highly digestible carbohydrate. The second ingredient is salmon that contains essential amino acids and protein to help your dog maintain strong muscle tone. Its omega-3 and 6 fatty acids support healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- Limited ingredients, perfect for dogs with food sensitivities or allergies
- Simple but premium quality, grain and gluten free ingredients
- Formulated to maintain your dog’s digestive health effectively
- Never includes artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Tested by highly qualified chemists and microbiologists
- Complete and balanced nutrition aids in good overall health
- No issues found
Best High Fiber Dog Food anal Gland Problems
5. Wellness Limited Ingredient Natural Simple Dry Dog Food
Does your beloved dog suffer from hot spots, dry skin, or itchy paws? Does he/ she have a sensitive stomach? Then the simplest solution is Wellness Limited Ingredient Natural Simple Dry Dog Food. This simple formula offers something special and perfect just for your dog. The use of high-quality, balanced ingredients ensures healthy nutrition without digestive upset. It’ll help your dog live a healthy and long life. Although this formula comes with the limited ingredients, it still offers maximum nutrition with a complete blend of everything your dog requires for daily well being.
Peas, one of its ingredients, are rich in natural fiber and quality source of carbohydrates. Another ingredient is chicory root which is rich in inulin, a natural source of soluble dietary fiber. The carbohydrates along with prebiotics and probiotics help to promote the healthy bacteria in the dog’s digestive tract. The flaxseed in this formula is the best plant source of omega-3 fatty acids and soluble fiber. There are also chelated minerals that makes the protein easier to absorb. Finally, your dog will love the savory flavor of salmon!
- Designed for dogs with allergies, food sensitivities, and ingredient intolerances.
- Contains the right amount of calories to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Increased levels of healthy fiber to help satisfy hunger between meals
- Easily-digestible ingredients with prebiotics and probiotics
- Nourishes shiny skin and luxurious coat with flax seed
- Contains no meat by-products, gluten, eggs, dairy, corn, wheat
- No extra fillers or additives
- Offers the delicious tastes of salmon
- No issues found
6. Diggin Your Dog Pumpkin Supplement
When it comes to switching to a new or different diet, Diggin Your Dog Pumpkin Supplement Firm Up is a great product to use. It contains wholesome ingredients of dehydrated pumpkin and apple that add additional fiber to your pet’s diet.
These easy to digest fibers are great not only when switching foods but also recovering from sicknesses with symptoms like upset stomach and loose stools. It’s an antioxidant-rich blend that effectively and quickly supports and maintains healthy digestion and urinary tract in dogs. It’s a natural anti-diarrheal formula ideal for dogs with digestive problems and naturally loose stool.
The pumpkin and apple pectin in this supplement helps to reduce overall bowel function for easier cleanup and less mess. It contains crude protein min. 4%, crude fat min. 0.5%, fiber max. 40%, moisture max. 8%. You can serve it either dry or wet. Your dog will love the flavor.
It comes in a convenient BPA free resealable packet. One bag can last for 24 months. One of the advantages of this resealable pouch is that, once opened, you don’t need to refrigerate it nor use it quickly. You can use only the portion you need to serve your dog and put the rest away for next time.
- Suitable for all size dogs
- An easy to mix formula
- 100% sourced and packaged in the USA
- Great for camping and travel
- Very effective when switching foods
- GMO- and pesticide free.
- Supports healthy digestive and urinary tract
- All natural and effective antidiarrheal ingredients
- Convenient to use and store
- Some dogs may not like the flavor.
7. Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Who doesn’t want his/ her dog to live its happiest and healthiest life? As a pet owner, you know how important it is to serve it the perfect, well-balanced food. Earthborn Holistic Grain-Free Coastal Catch Dry Dog Food is a wholesome, nutrient-rich formula that will support every part of your canine’s optimum health. Thoughtfully selected, each ingredient of this formula maximizes nutritional benefits for your dog.
From whitefish meats, salmon and herring your dog will get nature’s finest proteins. These are highly digestible protein sources that help your dog to maintain overall good health.
The right amount of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids help maintain healthy skin and shiny coat. And your dog will love the smell of fish and its great taste. Earthborn adds natural vegetables and fruits to this formula which are rich in antioxidants, minerals, and essential vitamins. These ingredients are important for immune system and optimal health. The natural fibers from fruits and vegetables also support easy digestibility and nutrient absorption.
- Gluten- and grain-free high-protein alternative diet
- High-quality, nutrient-rich ingredients
- Excellent for the immune system and optimal everyday health
- Tested to ensure its quality and safety.
- 100% guaranteed for nutrition and taste.
- Some pets may not like its strong fishy smell.
We hope you’ve found these high fiber dog food reviews to have useful and reliable information for supplementing your furry friend’s diet.
But of all the reviewed dry dog foods here, which one is the high fiber dog food? We know this is a question you would like an answer to make your choice. Right?
Although all the formulas we’ve reviewed here are high-quality, our editor’s choice is Wellness Core® Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food. It’s the lowest-fat, high-protein dog food we’ve found. It’s a simple-to-digest recipe with added nutrition for active or overweight dogs. Its balanced diet and high-quality natural ingredients will give your dog a treat while also ensuring it stays in peak condition. Immediately, you’ll note its superiority. Certainly, you’ll get the sweetest return as you’ll find your friend leading a healthy and happy long life!
So, are you going to give your furry friend something different and packed with fiber?
You should consult with your veterinarian first.
Your dog will be happy and so will you.