How to Properly Train a Dog with a Shock Collar
How to set up a Dog Shock Collar
Setting up the dog Shock collar or vibrating dog training collar seems quite easy. However, many people still do it wrong. These are easy steps to follow if you are using a dog collar, especially for the first time.
- Dog trainers should attach collars to the dog's neck carefully.
- Ensure to turn off the collar before taking steps to fit it on your dog's neck.
- Also, ensure that your dog is standing in a comfortable position.
- Fit the collar close to the neck and allow the center pins to make contact with the dog's skin.
- For collar with adjustment levels, use two buttons on the collar head to set the sensitivity level.
The collar will give a warning tone after your dog's first and second bark. If your dog then barks the third time, the collar will adjust to the sound and vibration. The intensity of the vibration will be adjusted to up until the 7th bark.
For further details on specific dog collars, check the instruction manual.