5 Best Shock Collar for Dogs Training 2019 – Top Rated Brands Compared
Sometimes the traditional dog training methods may not work effectively for your dog training. Then, you’ll need an alternative solution.
Have you ever given a try to shock collar for your dog?
With the responsible use of the shock collars, you can control excessive barking or solve any behavioral problem of your dog.
Below are our honest and detailed reviews. Hope this will help you to pick this useful training tool!
Read along and discover.
Our dedicated team has spent hours to find, research and test many brands of dog shock collars. We also have studied various webs, and lots of real user comments to represent reliable information about the products. And finally, we’ve created a short list of top- rated dog shock collars.
Shock Collar for Dog Training 2019 Quick Chart
- Shock Collar for Dog Training 2019 Quick Chart
- 5 Best Shock Collar For Dog Training– Reviews- The Best For Your Best One
- 1. PT0Z1 Premium Dog Training Shock Collar By PetTech - Best Overall
- 2. PET998DRB1 Dog Training Collar By Petraine - Best Budget Friendly
- 3. SportDOG Brand 425 Family Remote Trainers - Best Dog Training Collar for the Money
- 4. instecho Electronic Dog Training Collar - Best Rated Shock Collar
- 5. Petronics Rechargeable Shock Training Collar - Best Training Shock Collar for Large Dogs
- 8 Things to Consider Before Buying Best Dog Shock Collars
- 10 Things You Must Know While Using a Dog Shock Collar- Expert’s Tips
For our impatient readers, here is our quick comparison chart.
10 to 100
12 to 20"
15 Pounds or larger
15 to 22"
Best For The Money
8 Pounds or larger
5 to 22"
7 to 120 Pounds
15 to 22"
Best For The Large Dog
10 to 100
14 to 23"
5 Best Shock Collar For Dog Training– Reviews- The Best For Your Best One
So, among the many out there, which dog shock collar should you go for? We have answers for you, keep reading…
PetTech PT0Z1 is an immensely popular e-collar among the first time pet owners as well as expert trainers. After using this collar, you’ll be amazed at how quickly excessive barking or other behavioral problems of your dog disappear, and your dog starts to obey you.
Features and Benefits
Four different modes- light, beep, vibration and shock
- Impressive 1200 ft. range- 1200 ft. is really an impressive remote range to control your dog’s behavior or train it up from a long distance.
- Perfect for 10-100 lbs- You can use this collar safely for dogs from 10 to 100 pounds weight.
- 1-100 Level of Customization- It let you customize both the shock and vibration modes from 1 to 100 levels that your pet best responds to.
- LCD blue backlit design- Its remote has an LCD blue backlit. So, you can use it both day and night.
- Rapid charging and long lasting battery life- Its lithium-ion battery charges quickly and works for a long time.
- Auto power protects mode- This unique feature help conserve battery life when not in use.
- Fully Waterproof- This feature makes it perfect to use in any outdoor activities.
2. PET998DRB1 Dog Training Collar By Petraine - Best Budget Friendly
If you’re looking for a great aid in your dog training at a very affordable price, look no further. Petrainer PET998DRB1 Dog Training Collar is a good option for you.
PET998DRB1 takes the second spot in our list for various reasons. It is one of the best-reviewed pieces on different online platforms. It’s a useful and safe training tool with the auto-protect mode. It’s a great collar for perfecting small range dog obedience. It comes with every function that needs a novice dog collar user or beginner trainer.
Want to know more about the PET998DRB1 Dog Training Collar? Let’s go through the features.
Features and Benefits
Three different modes- beep, vibration and shock
- RF434Mhz technology – It incorporates with RF434Mhz technology that let you correct your dog’s behavior within 900 ft./ 300 yards range.
- Perfect for 15 lbs or larger- You can use this collar safely for dogs from 15 pounds or larger.
- Adjustable collar strap- It allows you to adjust neck sizes from 15 to 22 inches.
- 0-100 Level of vibration and shock Customization- You can customize both the shock and vibration modes from 1 to 100 level that your pet best responds to. It also features 1-level of standard tone.
- LCD blue backlit design- Its remote has an LCD blue backlit. So, you can use it in low light conditions. Further, you can use the remote transmitter to control two collars at the same time.
- Power saving design- Its lithium-ion battery features Memory and Automatic Standby Function to save the battery life when not in use.
- Rainproof- It comes with a rubber cover that makes it the most perfect to use even in the rain.
- Package includes- Nylon Belt (1), Receiver (1), Transmitter(1), Charging Cable(1), Charger(1), Test Bulb(1) and contact point(3).
3. SportDOG Brand 425 Family Remote Trainers - Best Dog Training Collar for the Money
Next product on our list is from the SportDOG, the most recognized brand in the training categories and electronic tracking. 425 Family Remote Trainers incorporates with the most advanced, industry-leading technology in the most compact system. The tool is somewhat expensive, but the high price tag talks about its high-quality and performance.
Think we are exaggerating? Have a look at these features.
Features and Benefits
- 500 yards range- Perfect for training in the field or yard or for hunting with close-working dogs.
- 3 training modes- You can adjust Static, tone and vibration mode according to your dog’s temperament.
- 7 static stimulation levels - You can train your dog with tone or vibration and instantly switch between 7 levels of low/medium stimulation.
- Train up 3 dogs- Its remote transmitter let you train up to 3 dogs simultaneously
- Adjustable strap - The adjustable strap and compact system are comfortable for dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck size 5 to 22-inch.
- DryTek Waterproof- The collar is rugged enough and waterproof. It’s also submersible to 25 feet. So, you can use it in any terrain or weather.
- Rechargeable battery- It comes with lithium-ion batteries which charge in two hours and works fine up to 50 to 70 hours per charge.
- Low battery indicator- Both the collar receiver and remote transmitter feature a low battery indicator. The included split-end charger let you charge both simultaneously.
4. instecho Electronic Dog Training Collar - Best Rated Shock Collar
instecho Electronic Dog Training Collar is one of the top-rated training tools in our list. This multi-function dog collar is an effective tool to correct your dog’s any behavioral problem in a safe way. Among a lot of features of this collar, you must like its flashlight. It’ll let you recognize your beloved dog from far away at night easily. Very convenient, isn’t it?
That’s not enough. Here are some of its features.
Features and Benefits
- Fit all breeds- This amazing dog collar fits any dog from 7 to 120 pounds with collar size 15 to 22-inch.
- Three training modes- The three training modes-tone, vibration, and shock allow you to choose the option which you feel safe for your dog.
- 990 ft. Remote range- Train up your dog from a long distance with this collar. Its advanced technology lets you control your dog’s behavior from a long distance up to 990 ft or 330 yards.
- LCD blue backlight- Its remote features LCD with blue backlight design. So, you can use it even dark without any difficulty.
- 0 To 100 levels of customization- It has 0-100 levels of customization for vibration and static shock mode. So, you can find the right correction depending on your dog’s size and discipline.
- Rechargeable- Receiver and transmitter are rechargeable simultaneously.
- IP67 Waterproof- 100 % waterproof receiver let you train your dog in any weather condition.
- Automatically off after 5 minutes idle- It saves the battery life and eventually it enhances the durability of the collar.
5. Petronics Rechargeable Shock Training Collar - Best Training Shock Collar for Large Dogs
To make your dog’s training process stress-free and less painful Petronics Rechargeable Shock Training Collar is extremely effective. Don’t be worried about reading some negative comments for the shock collar. This wonderful e-collar from Petronics help you train your dog safely. You’ll be surprised to see your obedient dog!
Don’t believe? Its features and benefits will sweep away your doubts.
Features and Benefits
- Four different modes- The system offers standard tone, light, vibration, and static shock.
- 100 different levels of customization- Its 0 to 100 levels of customization of vibration and shock mode let you accommodate a wide range of dogs. Low settings are gentle enough for the small breed.
- 330 yards range- It’s impressive remote range help you effectively train your dog for barking, walking or other behavior.
- Comes with Two collar receivers- The two collar receivers let you train two dogs from the same transmitter
- Blue backlight Screen- Its LCD blue backlight makes the collar useful even in the night.
- Easy to synchronize- the transmitter is easily and quickly synchronizable with the receiver.
- Power Saving design- the unit automatically goes to the standby mode to save power.
- Built-in battery- It comes with high-capacity built-in lithium rechargeable batteries.
- Adjustable, durable nylon strap- the collar is perfect for dogs from 10 to 100 pounds weight having the neck size 14 to 23 inches.
- Package includes-Transmitter(1), Receiver(2), Nylon Belt(2), Charging Cable(1), Charger(1), Test Bulb(1), and Contact Points(6)
8 Things to Consider Before Buying Best Dog Shock Collars
The first point you should consider is your purpose to use a shock collar. The design of the shock collar should match with your intended uses.
Types And Design
It also requires careful consideration which specific type and design of shock collar you need to use. You should understand the three basic types of shock collars. And you should also match the right type to your dog and environment. For example, an automatic shock collar is convenient, but it also has a risk of over-correction of your dog.
The remote needs to pair with the dog collar from considerable distances. So, remote range is an important factor before buying a dog shock collar. E-collars come with different remote ranges- low to high.
Here you must think about the size of your dog and how it is likely that the collar fits properly. There are training collars for small dogs, for large dogs and for both. You should also consider the weight of the collar.
Most models have different training modes from 3 to 4. Having more training modes mean it will allow you to test which is the one that best suits and works with your dog.
Ease Of Operate
For new dog owners or beginner trainer user-friendly interface is a significant factor to consider. The easy to operate settings and additional control will reduce the trainer’s unnecessary distresses or any confusion. It’ll also save time.
Number Of The Receiver In The Dog Collar
This feature is only necessary in case you have more than one dog and you want to train them at the same time.
This is a fundamental factor. The collar must have different levels of intensity to ensure that our dog only receives warnings and does not feel any damage. They also have to be manufactured with high-end materials to ensure their proper functioning at all times.
Read carefully the pros and cons of shock collars before deciding to buy.
10 Things You Must Know While Using a Dog Shock Collar- Expert’s Tips
No doubt, the proper use of the best dog shock collars is the most effective way to eliminate the unwanted behavior quickly and create the obedient, well-behaved dog of your dreams.
In our reviews, we’ve tried our best to represent the most reliable information of best shock collar for dog training. Hope, we’ve succeeded to help you to make an informed purchase and keep your best friend out of harm’s way.Remember!